<< Go Back
Norm Wood is the former Chief Operating Officer (COO) of ITS which was one of the largest aviation security service providers in the industry. Since then, Norm was associated with several aviation and security firms in both hardware and software such as EG&G Astro Physics, CEIA-USA, SecureLogic and SITA. Norm's experience spans +35 years in aviation security involving manpower (security personnel), equipment (x-rays, trace, metal detectors, Cat-scan, multi-view x-rays, cargo screening, etc.), equipment integration (checkpoint, baggage & cargo screening, etc.), process improvements, & TSA/DHS involvement.
During his tenure, he was instrumental with a number of initiatives:
- Instrumental in delivering/installing for the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) 2500 Enhance Metal Detectors (EMD) nationwide in over 250 airports.
- Managed 15,000 employees (including 8,000 security screeners) in 40 states and six international countries.
- Improved the security process at the airport (screening checkpoint) by upgrading existing machines and integrating select equipment (High Efficiency Checkpoint System). Passenger service increased, security was enhanced and costs were reduced.
- Security screening (such as the TSA performs now), both people, facilities, regulations and processes.
- Software/Hardware improvements such as monitoring/managing in-line baggage through the screening process (extracting the PNR information, tracking the baggage, identifying security levels, optimizing the checked baggage system, etc.).
- Worked with the TSA as to networking all of the EMD's (2500) system wide, extracting all of the relevant passenger information which could be collected at the screening site.
- Worked with the airlines, airports and FAA/TSA with a major purchase of screening equipment (x-ray equipment at the passenger screening checkpoint).
- Brought border management software applications to DHS (Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
He has been associated with a number of aviation related organizations (ACI, ATA, ASIS, ACI, and AAAE). Norm is a graduate of Parsons College.